Website Golisano Children's Hospital of Southwest Florida
Varying week days and rotating weekends
Four, 10-hour shifts with three days off per week
2nd shift pay range
Offer complimentary time off as needed for any over time accrued
Sign on bonus TBD
What You Will Do
Collaborate with an additional ED child life specialist and the health care team to provide social, emotional and developmental support during a pediatric patients Emergency Department visit.
· Support infants, children, adolescents and families of diverse backgrounds, in coping with stressful events in a fast paced environment.
· Prioritize coordinating care plans for patient cases in a 28 bed Emergency Department with a valued and established child life program.
· Collaborate with the medical team on creation of care plans by performing assessments, & developmentally appropriate interventions. Prepare patients and their families for medical tests and procedures in a developmentally appropriate way and provide opportunities for normalization and therapeutic play. Document care plans and evaluations in the EPIC electronic medical record.
· Collaborate with Emergency Department staff to continue furthering the hospital wide pain management initiative, “POP IT™”.
· Have direct support from a child life supervisor to plan and coordinate a thorough welcoming orientation to the department and unit. Continue having the opportunity for further support as needed for professional development through goal setting and clinical guidance.
· Receive opportunity for furthering professional development through the mentorship of a child life education coordinator in clinical supervision/reflection groups, expanding clinical experience by having the ability to cross cover other patient areas (as needed) & maintaining certification by attending conferences or earning complimentary professional development units provided through on campus presentations.
· Gain experience directly collaborating in a department with valuable resources such as: a patient technology specialist, child advocates, mental health navigators, hospital school teacher, facility dog, & an accredited internship coordinator.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.leehealth.org.